For this project, we're using IGI 4625 Paraffin Wax, our popular Meadow Fragrance Oil and Pale Pink Dye Chips, but you can vary this color and fragrance combination depending on your own decorating needs. This will make about 10-12 tart candles.
Additional Items Needed:
- Place 1/2 lb. IGI 4625 Paraffin Wax in a Pouring Pitcher and heat to 185 degrees in a double boiler or on a hot plate.
- Add 1/2 chip of Pale Pink Dye Chips and stir gently and thoroughly for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 oz. Meadow Fragrance Oil.
- When the wax cools to 180 degrees, carefully pour colored and fragranced wax into the tart molds. Try to pour right to the top because there will be a small amount of shrinkage when the wax cools.
- Place a LX 12 wick assembly in the center of each mold. (Remember not to use a wick stickum because the candle will need to release from the mold when it cools.) You can use a bamboo skewer to re-center the wick if it moves. Let cool overnight and remove from molds.
- Place clear or colored stones in the bottom of the glass bowl. Add water and floater candles. They will need room to move, so it's important not to add too many.
Want to use soy wax?
No problem. Follow the same procedure as above, except for the following changes: