Rosemary Tree Beeswax Christmas Ornaments
Homemade holiday decorations are a great way to spend special time with your family and save money, too. Here's an idea for a last minute eco-friendly "Rosemary Tree" decorated with easy to make beeswax ornaments.
- 1 lb. Yellow Beeswax
- Silicone Mini Star Mold (or any cookie or soap mold)
- Jute Twine
- Rosemary Tree (or decorate one you already own) We got this one from Lowes in the garden department.
- Pouring Pitcher
- Votive Wick Pin or heated wire
- Double Boiler or Hot Plate
- Heat 1 lb. beeswax in a double boiler or in a pouring pitcher on a hot plate.
- Cool to 170 degrees and pour about 1/2 inch beeswax into each mold. Let cool - this only takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from mold and place on a hard covered surface.
- Heat a wire or wick pin to poke a hole in the top of each star.
- You might need to use a little scotch tape and needle to thread the jute through the hole. Trim any extra twine, hang on your tree and enjoy!
Don't forget to use the rosemary leaves later to spice up your favorite recipes.