Cupcakes are not just for kids' birthday parties anymore. They've become extremely popular and more decorative as they grace tables at elegant weddings, showers, and holiday gatherings.
So, here's an idea to try with our Strawberry Shortcake Fragrance Oil. We've taken this luscious scent along with our ever popular Golden Brands 464 Soy Wax and made a fun Straberry Shortcake Cupcake Candle. Give it a try with this or any of our wonderful candle fragrances and dyes.
- Golden Brands 464 Soy Wax - 3 lbs. (1 lb. for the "cake" part of the candle and 2 lbs. for the - frosting".
- Strawberry Shortcake Fragrance Oil
- Brown Liquid Dye
- Burgundy Liquid Dye
- Hot Plate or Double Boiler
- Pouring Pitcher
- Wick - For this project, we're underwicking the candle with an ECO 2.
- Foil (not paper) Cupcake Liners
- Cupcake Tin for 6 cupcakes
- Wick Stickum
- Hand Mixer or Egg Beater
- Metal Spatula
- Using a hot plate or double boiler heat 1 lb. of Golden Brands 464 Soy Wax to 185 degrees.
- Add 6-9 drops Brown Liquid Candle Dye and stir thoroughly for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1 oz.Strawberry Shortcake Fragrance Oil and stir gently.
- While wax is cooling, prepare cupcake tins by putting one foil cupcake liner in each holder to make 6 cupcake candles.
- Attach wick to center of cupcake foil using a [Wick Stickum][stickum].
- When wax has cooled to 135 degrees, pour colored and fragranced wax carefully into cupcake tin about 1/8 inch from top. Let cool until solid.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 poundsSoy Wax to 185 degrees and add 6 drops of Burgundy Liquid Candle Dye for the frosting. (You can also add fragrance oil to the frosting if you wish.) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When you see the wax beginning to solidify (it looks like a film is forming on the top), use an egg beater or hand mixer to whip the wax until desired consistency. We cooled our wax to 85 degrees when we "frosted" our candle.
- With a metal spatula, "frost" the cupcake candle to desired thickness. Sprinkle some white shaved wax on top. Trim the wick and enjoy.
NOTE: If you choose to burn this candle, make sure it is sitting level and on a safe candle holder.
Remember to always follow safety procedures for burning a candle.