THIS POSITION AS BEEN FILLED.
We are looking for a highly organized and motivated individual to keep our office running smoothly. This position requires strong communication skills and a desire to assist our small, fast-paced and hard-working office team.
We need someone who is proactive, adaptable, and energetic. You will often receive tasks to complete that do not have a clear path to completion. You’ll need to pick up new things quickly, develop your own processes and be comfortable making decisions to thrive in this role. If you enjoy creating organization where it does not currently exist, you will love this job!
You will spend most of your day on general office organization such as ordering supplies, scanning, scheduling, and restocking supplies. The rest of your time will be spent assisting our team with special projects, and making sure everyone has what they need to get the job done.
- Greet visitors and guests
- Ship and receive packages
- Distribute mail and packages to staff members
- Purchase and restock office and breakroom supplies
- Keep common areas clean, tidy and organized
- Run errands for other office staff
- Communicate important announcements to other staff members
- Keep our office plants hydrated and happy
- Maintain office calendar and scheduling
- Scanning, filing, and organization of documents
- Organize company events such as birthdays, office lunches and staff appreciation events
- Complete other project-based assignments as necessary
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Computer fluency, including experience with Mac OS, G Suite, MS Office
- Willingness to learn
- Valid driver’s license and transportation to and from work
- BA/BS degree preferred
Headquartered in Durham, NC, we’re surrounded by great restaurants, cultural activities, and sporting events. Also known as one of the “Tastiest Towns of the South,” Durham is one of the best places to live and work.
Big company benefits with small company culture! We provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with low deductibles. All employees receive employer match for retirement contributions of up to 3% of annual earnings. We have liberal vacation policies and offer additional benefits including technology stipends, annual bonuses, discounted gym memberships, and company-paid life and disability insurance.
CandleScience develops and sells candle and soap making supplies. Our customers vary in size from candle and soap entrepreneurs to seasonal hobbyists. We began in 2004 as a two-person startup, and have become the market leader in the industry.
We work hard to develop natural and safe products that push the boundaries of candle and soap making. Our success is a result of our focus on web development, product development, and operations.
For More About Us:
Igniting Growth with CandleScience | UPS
First Candles, Now Soap. Durham’s CandleScience Expands in DIY Market | TechWire