How To Wick a Pillar Mold
- Select proper wick size for your mold. See Wick Guide for size
- Place one end of wick through the hole in the bottom (closed end) of the mold. (You can dip this end in the liquid wax for a pointed end.)
Leave about 4-5 inches of wick hanging over the open end of the mold to be able to center it with the wick bar.
- Seal the hole and wick on the bottom of the mold with wick stickum.
- Cover the hole and wick stickum with duct tape and press as securely as possible. It helps to make a + with the duct tape to prevent the wax from leaking through the hole.
Place the mold on a rack to keep the closed end level for pouring the wax.
- Tightly pull the wick through the slot in the center of the wick bar and center the wick. Make sure it is long enough to hang over the mold without falling in the wax.
Remember that the BOTTOM of the mold, the closed end where the hole is, will become the TOP of your candle.