Skip to Content
70-400 Black Threaded Lid

Top off your threaded jars with a sleek rolled-edge metal lid for a complete, streamlined look. This simple, lightweight lid fits well with a variety of styles and brand aesthetics, from trendy and modern to classic and elegant. Made from tin, these eco-friendly containers are also fully recyclable once the foam liner is removed. Also available in gold and silver.

Note: We do not recommend removing the foam liners from the lids until the candle is fully used and the lid ready for recycling. The liner is needed for a secure fit.

The size 70-400 lid fits our:
Medium Straight Sided Jar (Threaded)



0.375" (10 mm)
2.875" (7.3 cm)
Max Labeling Area
2.5" x 2.5" (6.4 cm x 6.4 cm)
Prop 65 Warning

Product Reviews

Write A Review
5 out of 5 Stars.

Love! The only ones I’ve found that are 100% black. Had no issues with threading on 8oz or 9oz Amber jars!

5 out of 5 Stars.

Like another reviewer mentioned - these are the only lids this size that I have been able to find that are solid black inside and out. I find they fit fine even after removing the liner, quality is always good, and they look great with my amber jars. So grateful to have found these!!!!

3 out of 5 Stars.
They look nice but... not what I expected.

I thought these lids were of a metal kind but they are plastic. They look very nice and all but as someone who is extremely picky with how I present a product I would not use these to sell. Maybe to use for the samples / trial candles but that is still a waste of money in my opinion. I would have liked if they had this same design but in a metallic material so that it doesn't have the cheap feel to it. But the lids do work fine, at least on the jars i tried them on.

CandleScience Profile Avatar
CandleScience responded: 2022-04-28

Hi There! Thank you for taking the time to leave a product review. We're so sorry the lids that you received were not as you had expected and we would love to help! A member of our Customer Support Team has reached out to you via email to provide further assistance.

4 out of 5 Stars.
Okay Lids

These lids are the only lids I can find that are completely black (no white or gold lining) on the market. They look nice and sleek with the medium straight-sided jars (threaded) that I use. The quality of them is hit or miss though. About 80% of them don't catch the threads, and therefore don't fit tightly onto the jars. This doesn't seem to bother my customers for the time being but it is worth noting.

5 out of 5 Stars.
Perfect fit!

I use the straight sided medium jars from multiple vendors and these lids fit fine. They give the look I desire from my line of farm style yet classy look candles. The finish is solid black and not too shiny which I love!... My go to!

1 out of 5 Stars.
Horrible fit

I purchased these (70-400 Black Threaded Lid) for the recommended jar (Medium Straight Sided Jar (Threaded) 24 pc Case) and only maybe 10% of the lids actually fit nicely on the jars. The other 90% do not fit which is extremely frustrating. I thought that I had maybe bought the wrong lids but I made sure and turns out I bought the correct lids and jars. I have loved everything else I have purchased from candle science but these were not only a huge disappointment, but a complete waste of money. I do not recommend these lids whatsoever.

CandleScience Profile Avatar
CandleScience responded: 2020-11-30

Thank you for letting us help you with this!

5 out of 5 Stars.
Love them

I love that these lids are a solid black. I do wish they were plastisol lined instead of the foam liner but c'est la vie.

5 out of 5 Stars.

These threaded lids are great. They fit perfectly and look much better than the non threaded lids on the non threaded 9 ounce straight jars. Perfect compliment to the threaded jars. They make your completed product look much more expensive! I do have a question! Will you ever resume shipping theses lids from the Sparks warehouse? And I’m the future will you possibly sell these in larger bags of 12?

4 out of 5 Stars.
Shop Owner

I love these lids (as well as the silver and gold ones), but they do get a little banged up when they're shipped, and each bag usually ends up with one or two that are unusable. I know that packaging things like this can be tricky, especially since it's a new product, so I'm not giving up on them.

1 out of 5 Stars.
Lids don't fit

These lids do not fit the medium straight sided jars. They do not twist on and i am going to need to return them all. Bummer

CandleScience Profile Avatar
CandleScience responded: 2020-04-23

Hi! These lids fit our medium straight sided (threaded) jars. For the medium straight sided (twist top) jars that you ordered, you will want the #70 Twist Tops in gold or silver for a proper fit!