So first off just ignore Ashley R's review. The bottom piece is magnetic and is not supposed to be permanently attached to the bottom lol. I don't use this piece because I melt mine in a pot with water but it's supposed to be able to come out and kind came not attached as well. Like I said it's held with magnets and I'm sure the stirring heater uses magnet to spin it lol. Thanks for a good quality wood handled pitcher!
Ready to Order?
The Large Candle Maker Pitcher is an add-on for the Candle Maker (8oz) base unit. This handy accessory allows you to use the Candle Maker (8oz) base unit to melt up to 24 oz of wax.
The Large Candle Maker Pitcher holds 1 lb (16 weighted oz) of unmelted wax. Once the 1 lb of wax has partially melted to make more space, up to 8 additional oz of wax may be added. The unit works best with low melt point waxes that have a melt point of 125ºF or less. Directions for use with the Candle Maker (8oz) base unit:
- Plug in the unit and add up to 16 weighted oz (1 lb) of wax to the pitcher.
- Press the first button to start the melting process.
- Once the unit beeps, and the second button is flashing, lift the Large Pitcher up from the base unit, then put it back on unit, and press the first button again to finish melting the wax. This step initiates a second melting cycle to ensure all the wax added to the Large Pitcher melts and reaches the correct temperature.
- The second button will flash again once the wax is hot enough to add the fragrance. Pour in 1-2 oz of fragrance and press the second button to begin stirring. The unit continuously stirs to ensure the fragrance is fully mixed into the wax.
- The third button lights up when the wax reaches pouring temperature. (Things happen, so if you get distracted, the unit will turn off after two hours if a button has not been pressed or the pitcher lifted.) Then lift the pitcher and pour the wax into pre-wicked candle containers. Let sit. Enjoy your homemade candles! If you want the strongest fragrance possible, wait at least one week before burning the candles.
If the Candle Maker makes a loud noise, a chunk of wax may be caught in the stirring mechanism. The noise will lessen as the wax melts. To reduce the noise, don't pack the wax tightly into the pitcher. Add some of your wax, let it melt, then add the remaining wax.
If you break or lose the removable stirring piece inside the pitcher, you can purchase a replacement stirrer here.
Check out our wholesale page for more information on ordering candle supplies in bulk or by the pallet.
Made in China
|Prop 65 Warning Required||No|
I'm upgrading my previous review to 5-stars, because literally every issue I outlined with the larger cup has been addressed in the newest version of the Chandler & Me that's coming out later this month (September 2020). Now THAT is customer service! Happy to support a company like this! :-)
My little "Chandler & Me" candlemaker has been one of my favorite gifts I've ever received from my husband. My only complaint was that I couldn't make larger batches...and then my second gift arrived: this larger cup. I LOVE IT. My 4 stars comes because the larger cup takes a *lot* longer to melt the larger quantity of wax, so I've simply learned to bypass this step by adding pre-melted wax from the Presto Pot directly to the larger cup, then getting my scents organized while it does its first (now unnecessary) warm-up cycle. I know this might sound like a waste of time, but the built-in agitator makes the rest of the process an absolute delight. I'm happy to do work-arounds like melting the wax ahead of time, because it saves me having to mix scent after scent after scent (I work in very small batches). I use the time to take care of emails and other work-related tasks, and honestly, it's a dream. My current workflow: use the Presto Pot to melt, the Chandler & Me to mix using this larger cup, and I'm able make a nice batch of smaller candles and a few melts, all while I'm taking care of other things.
I waited for SO long for this large pitcher to be back in stock and then when I finally order it, it arrives with the inside bottom piece completely broken off. I'm so disappointed.
I’m so glad they came out with a larger size. It works great and I love the non-stick material that the pitcher is made of!