The Stainless Steel Wax Melter 30 lb is ideal for those ready to scale up their small business, but aren’t quite ready for the Stainless Steel Wax Melter 65 lb. Used at full capacity, this candle wax melter holds 30 lbs of wax and can quickly fill almost 70 Medium Straight Sided Jars (threaded) to the recommended 7 oz fill line or over 55 Straight Sided Tumbler Jars (Libbey) to the recommended 8.5 oz fill line.
Melting times vary depending on the type of wax and heat setting. A full tank of wax flakes, on average, takes about 40 minutes to melt.
Wax Melter Features:
- LCD Display
- 4 gallon capacity
- Programmable electronic thermostat that shows the current temperature
- Alert when programmed temperature is reached
- Programmable timer for start/run time
- Dry heat cut off at 374 F
- Standard 100v power plug
- Stainless steel ball valve / faucet 90-degree outlet
- Ability to hold liquid wax temperature to within +/- 3 degrees F
- Centered heating element to promote wax naturally mixing together
- Solid base that stays in place when unit is empty
- Low sheen stainless steel housing
Troubleshooting Tips to Avoid E4 Errors:
- Always start the melter on 600W.
- Leave the lid off while your melter heats up.
- Slab wax should be broken down into smaller pieces to cover the bottom of the melter in order to avoid dry heat errors.
- If you do trigger an E4 error, allow the unit to cool below 100ºF before resetting. If the unit has not reached 100ºF you can follow the reset procedure without waiting for the unit to cool.
- When resetting the melter, push in the reset button until you hear a click. Note that you may need to press fairly hard.
- The 1600W setting is designed for very high melt point waxes and can only be used after melting an initial, significant amount of the wax.
We do not recommend this vessel for melt and pour soap; however, it is suitable for master batching oils for cold or hot process soap.