Produced from US grown soybeans, Golden Brands 464 is our best selling soy wax and widely used by soy candle makers around the world—including our own staff. This all-natural wax creates candles with a smooth, opaque finish and contains soy-based additives that help reduce frosting and strengthen the fragrance throw.
For help choosing the right candle wax for your candles, visit our Wax Guide.
New to Soy Wax?
- Check out our video Candle Making with Soy Wax featuring GB 464. The video includes a list of materials to get you started.
- Wondering which soy wax is right for you? Learn more about Choosing a Soy Wax.
464 Troubleshooting Tips
Not getting a smooth finish on the surface of your candles?
- Try pouring 5-10°F (2.8-5.6°C) hotter.
- Don’t let your candles cool on surfaces like marble and granite. These materials draw out the heat from the candles too quickly.
- Try a second pour or a heat gun to smooth the surface.
Not getting a strong fragrance throw?
- Ensure you are curing your candles for two weeks to get the best results from the fragrance.
- Make sure you are adding fragrance at 185°F (85°C).
- Re-examine the wicking.
- Make sure you are evaluating the scent throw of the candle in an appropriately-sized space relative to the size of the candle.
Explore Golden Brands 464 with a quick review and more troubleshooting tips.
Candle Maker's Notes:
This wax can be a little too soft for the summer heat. If you are shipping finished candles in hot weather, you may want to consider a soy wax with a higher melt point, like Golden Brands 444.
For additional help choosing the right candle wax for your candles, visit our Wax Guide.
Trying to find the right wick for your GB 464 candles? Our Wick Guide will help get your testing started.
Wholesale Soy Wax Ordering
Check out our wholesale page for more information on ordering 464 Soy Wax in bulk.
Made in the USA