Golden Brands 464 is our best selling soy wax and widely used by soy candle makers around the world—including our own staff. This all-natural wax creates candles with a smooth, opaque finish and contains soy-based additives that help reduce frosting and strengthen the fragrance throw.
Like with any wax, you may find that adjustments to the making process are needed to achieve the best results with your 464. Here are some common things experienced by makers and our recommendations.
New to Soy Wax?
Check out our video Candle Making with Soy Wax featuring GB 464. The video includes a list of materials to get you started.
464 Troubleshooting Tips
Not getting a smooth finish on the surface of your candles?
- Try pouring 5-10 degrees hotter.
- Don’t let your candles cool on surfaces like marble and granite. These materials draw out the heat from the candles too quickly.
- Try a second pour or a heat gun to smooth the surface.
Not getting a strong fragrance throw?
- Ensure you are curing your candles for two weeks to get the best results from the fragrance.
- Make sure you are adding fragrance at 185F.
- Re-examine the wicking.
- Make sure you are evaluating the scent throw of the candle in an appropriately-sized space relative to the size of the candle.
Explore Gold Brands 464 with a quick review and more troubleshooting tips
Candle Making Notes:
This wax can be a little too soft for the summer heat. If you are shipping finished candles in hot weather, you may want to consider a soy wax with a higher melt point, like Golden Brands 444.
Produced from US Grown Soybeans!
Note: Wax is packaged in flake form.
Wholesale Soy Wax Ordering
Check out our wholesale page for more information on ordering 464 Soy Wax in bulk or by the pallet.
For help choosing the right candle wax for your candles, visit our Wax Guide.